Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carpinteria Show

Urban Scenes, the latest show put on by the Carpinteria Valley Arts Council, starts tomorrow...Saturday July 25 at 10 am. I was very fortunate to have 3 of my paintings juried into this show. The work of this show was to depict Urban scenes and I managed to have just a few of them in the studio so why not! I really do not do urban art very much simply because they take too long. I also have a very bad habit of veering to the side of adding too much detail and sharper edge work and that's due to my pen & ink background. In pen & ink I went for accuracy in reproducing what was in front of me and rarely produced more "painterly" drawings. This sort of bleeds over whenever I do streetwork, as I call it, in paint. I often find myself going back over edges and lines smoothing or softening them out.
"Bookstore Flowers" ...."Myrtle Avenue, Monrovia"...."Santa Barbara Streets"

Here are the details of the show....
Show runs from July 25 to Sep 14
855 at the Arts Center gallery
855 Linden Ave, Carpinteria, CA.
10 AM - 4PM
Gallery Phone 805.684.7789

No comments: