Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Adding Color...Flowers

It is almost Springtime here in Solvang...located in the Santa Ynez Valley. This year it hit me...COLOR! I do a lot of driving and have really noticed the color to the landscape that native plants bring. California Poppies, Wild Mustard...I'll do Blue Lupine soon too. Here are some new paintings that I sprinkled flowers in which brings some added color to my usually subtle work. Poppies with a yellowish tint

Wild Mustard in a field near San Luis Obispo


Nice orange California Poppies in Santa Ynez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous art work!

Arlene,
Lakewood florist

Ryan Evans said...

Ron the colours are great- still reads as YOUR style but I like odd strong bit of saturated paint here and there as it emphasises the soft areas too by contrast.

the orange california poppies one is really nice

Ryan

Ron Guthrie said...

Arlene - Thanks for taking the time to have a look and your gracious comments.

Ryan - Thanks for the comments. Painting is always a learning thing huh? I'll wait a week or two and then maybe feel different about things. I'm sure you know how that is Ryan. Thanks again!