Friday, March 18, 2011

Santa Ynez Valley Morning


"Valley Morning"
9" X 12" Oil on Canvas
Just a quick painting that I painted this morning while looking out of my backdoor and seeing this scene. It was a small section of the landscape visable and took about 1, 1/2 hours. I didn't have time to work on a larger piece since I need to get ready for the demo tomorrow at the Wildling Art Museum. Come on out, it's going to rain, thunder and probably be windy! hahaha. Why do a demo on a good day right? hahaha. I heard the forecasted rain for this weekend a few days ago but that's ok...the museum has a large wrap around porch and even it it got that ugly they offered a room inside...but I like it outside. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Christine Brallier said...

An hour and a half?! Wish I could get that much done in that time! This is so serene. I especially love what's going on in the grass. Have a great time out there tomorrow, Ron!!!

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Christine,
You missed the rain and the cold weather, hahaha! Not many showed up due to the weather forecast. It was ok for me though...talked with some other artists and had a lot of laughs...always good to get out of the studio. Wish you had made it but you would have been pretty cold.