Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Featured Artist Show

I've just finished hanging the new work at the Morro Bay Art Association Gallery in the seaside town of Morro Bay, California. This will be a Featured Artist show with 2 featured artists, myself and watercolorist, Shirley Puttman. Shriley won a show when she was 16 years old and the Honorary judge was Salvador Dali, so I'm in good company.
The gallery at MB is awesome...one of the best I've had my work shown in. The members are a great bunch of people and of course if you want awesome fish and chips you can't beat Morro Bay while on your trip to see art....trust me, I know! Anyway, this show will run for the month of January. An indicator of how well the show will be were all of the great comments made by members dropping off their art for the current show yesterday. Both Shirley and I were given some hearty pats on the back. The best thing of showing your work is the positive comments from your fellow artists.
Linda and I quickly had my work up on the wall with nothing more than some nails, hammer, step stool and a tape measure. Linda and I have hung shows at out local guild and I swear we are like pros! I'm familiar with the gallery at MB so the night before we went to eat at McDonalds and I sketched the wall out and drew the way we would hang the work on a napkin...that helped a lot. We had the image in our minds and slammed it up in about 20 or 30 minutes.
The Artist Reception is next Sunday, the 13th from 1-3 PM so if you can make the drive to Morro Bay please stop by. Wine and refreshments will be served and we can talk. The address is 835 Main Street, Morro Bay, CA. (type that in on Google Maps to get directions.)

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

No comments: