Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Large Floater

I felt my vineyard scene painted earlier would look cool in a floater frame...gives it that finished look, so obviously I made one. This was my largest frame, 36"x36", and it came out pretty good I think.
Here are a couple of pics so you can see just how big that size really is.

Leaned against the washer and dryer it looks pretty large. Looks very cool over a fireplace. Painted one last year the same size and everyone liked it so I'm guessing this will get good reviews.

Here you can see a side view sitting on the easel. The painting is just sitting inside the frame waiting to be mounted correctly with screws. After that I'll wire it up and see how it looks hanging. I'm going to take this to the vineyard show at Tres Hermanas this friday and see what the wine crowd thinks of it.

4 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

Does look impressive. I would think that the winery would want all the grand paintings it could get. Good luck with the sale. I saw some early California paintings at Lawerencebeebe.com just like your concepts.

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Mark,
For some reason wineries only seem to be interested in selling wine...not buying art. What the heck is up with that! hahahaha.
Thanks for the link, I found that site once but never bookmarked it and could never find it ...glad to have it again. You da man!
Thanks Mark.
Ron

Billy Guffey said...

Very nice floater, Ron. I can't imagine why the winery wouldn't want this beautiful painting.

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Bill,
The vineyard owner loved it but then again it wasn't a painting of his vineyard so no sale, hahaha. I did do one of his vineyard but still no sale.
Art is very slow around here lately and sales have been terrible. Maybe one day I'll be a noted painter around here and when he comes looking for it he can buy it then for $5000, hahahaha.
Thanks Bill.