Thursday, June 18, 2009

Goleta

On one of my trips down to Santa Barbara I decided to take the beach route instead of climbing over the mountains. This was last winter and we had a storm blowing out and these huge clouds were what was left over. Nothing like winter to bring in these great cloud formations we get here. The Pacific ocean would be just to the left of this scene but it gets painted enough and I wanted the clouds over the mountains anyway.


"Goleta Skies"
9" X 12" Oil on canvas covered panel
a detail of the painting....



2 comments:

Teresa said...

This is great Ron! I have a strong sense that the ocean is near and can feel the moist air - Beautiful work!

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Teresa,
Yep...this was taken as we drove up 101. The ocean is within walking distance on the left. The clouds that roll in off the ocean hit the mountains here and have to climb up and over...then we get them where I live in the valley.
Thanks for the comments Teresa.
Ron