Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Eucalyptus Trees

Thumbnail sketch for this painting....
I wanted to throw the type of sky I have been doing lately with a scene of eucalyptus trees across a big valley. I sketched this one out in a small thumbnail sketch and then began painting. The only prerequisite to myself was to keep the foreground dark. After finishing up I now wish I had gone with a darker sky and even darker foreground....I'll leave that for another painting down the road.


"Evening with the Giants"

12"x 24" Oil on Canvas

3 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

This is nice and calming. A view from the gold rush days.

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Mark,
That would be a great summation of this one. I like seeing what this area would have looked like 200-300 years ago. I suppose that was the allure to CA being settled in the first place. Thanks!
Ron

Ralph Parker said...

Wonderful piece, Ron! The path is a perfect lead into the scene. Beautifully done, my friend.