Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Rancho San Carlos De Jonata

"Rancho San Carlos De Jonata Vista"
15" X 30" Oil on Canvas
I was invited to come to Rancho Jonata, one of the original Spanish land grant ranchos from early California, by the owner and his wife. They are also one of the founding families of Solvang and really sweet people. While there I was driven all over the rancho by the owner and enjoyed their hospitality. This view is one of thousands they have there at the rancho and was one of my favorites. I love the hillsides spattered with oaks and grasses looking off to the mountains in the distance. A truly beautiful place.

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Lovely, Ron....
Was this a commission??

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Marian,

No, I have done around 3 or 4 paintings from photo references taken on my visit to Rancho Jonata. I have another painting in a 15X30 frame and want to change it out too for the Studio Tour in November so this worked out nicely...this painting will totally work with that frame.

The owners like my work and invited me to get pictures or paint there. Going to try do some PA there in Spring. Super nice people too. Both of them paint so we usually have lots to talk about when we do see each other.

Click Literario said...

I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing.