Monday, October 02, 2006

3 Pieces juried in at Elverhoj Museum Show....


Me again....I entered 1 pen & ink drawing and 2 oil paintings this morning at the Elverhoj Museum of History and Art, (pronounced Elver-hoy) in Solvang, California. All 3 pieces were juried into the show! Yahoo!!.....the Gods are smiling down upon me!

This show is very cool because it is one I've wanted to get into since hearing about it last year but missing the deadline for it....not this year, I made it! The show is called the "Central Coast Collection" and is composed of artist from The Artist Guild of the Santa Ynez Valley. The juror was Brenda French from the Grossman Gallery in Lompoc, California.

This show to me is one of those local milestones you want to make in your art career because it is in my hometown and in the Elvehoj Museum....a very classy place. The Elverhoy Museum is actually a house donated by the owner that was built in true Danish farmhouse style. It has been converted over to house the museum inside the original home with an added wing for various shows they have throughout the year. This addition makes for a great art show venue with it's high beamed ceiling and gorgeous interior.

Here are the details in case you'd like to go to the Artist Reception or visit the show.....
Location - The Elverhoj Museum of History and Art
1624 Elverhoj Way, Solvang, CA.
Show Starts - Friday November 17, 2006
Artist Reception - Saturday Nov. 18, 2006 4-7 PM
Show Ends - January 21, 2007
Museum Hours are Wed-Thu 1 - 4 PM and Fri-Sat 12 - 4 PM


"Red Roof" 10"x20" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

One of the images at the Elverhoj show in November

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Oooh Ron, congratulations, that's great news! I assume this is the show you were talking about on A&A? I haven't seen that seascape before, it's really lovely.

Gotta dash now but will come back and read more here later.

cheers
Julianne

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Julianne,
The show I was talking about on A&A is in November and called the "Best of the Best" but I'm actually turning in my painting for that this morning....todays the deadline. These 3 pieces were for the Elverhoj show called the "Central Coast Collection" that runs Nov 17 through Jan 21.

Thanks for signing this Julianne, I was beginning to think it wasn't working! hahaha.