Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another Nocturne!

"Moonlit Meadow" 11" X 14" Oil on Canvas

I did this nocturne to work on the various shades of night sky. Night skies are always handled so differently by various artists I have seen. Good thing, keeps them from getting boring and allows the viewer to "see" better. Actual night can be so dark at times. I have found myself really checking out the light and what you can see, detail and color wise, on moonlit nights. This was done Alla Prima, like a lot of my work lately, which is always a challenge and fun as hell!
Here are a couple of details....

4 comments:

Dianne Mize said...

Ron, don't remember if I commented on this at WC, but I will here anyway. What a lovely piece! You're really tuning in on capturing the late-evening, night light and your paintings are becoming more and more masterful. Way to go!

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Dianne,
Thanks for the stopping by and your very nice comments. I really appreciate them.
Trying to get that light right in ones paintings is always a challenge but a very fun challenge. Even if you only get close it at least gives you another excuse to try again. Moving on to the next painting is something I always look forward to. Thanks again Dianne!
Ron

Ryan Evans said...

The moon looks great, and the composition works very well. I've been away a while getting married but glad to see you're keeping up the good work Ron

Ryan

Ron Guthrie said...

CONGRATRULATIONS RYAN!!!!!!!!
Hey, that's great but no invitation???, hahaha. Wonderful news Ryan..my best to the both of you.
Thanks for the comments too on the painting Ryan but the good news of your wedding makes my painting pale in interest! Very cool, good for you Ryan!
Ron