Monday, May 19, 2008

California Art Club Show

I received a call-to-artists notice for an upcoming show in Pasadena by the California Art Club of which I am a member. I entered 2 paintings hoping to get in on this show and just received word that both paintings were juried into the show. I was also notified that my painting of a mustard field down in Palos Verdes was selected by the jury for special recognition. This is not an awards show nor is money handed out so I'm assuming they just really liked the painting....always a good thing!
There will be a show reception that is open to the public so if you live within driving distance of Pasadena please come and say hi! Here are the show details....

Where - The Womens City Club of Pasadena, 160 N. Oakland Ave. Pasadena, CA
When - The show runs June 23 - November 26 2008
Reception - Saturday, July 12, 5-7PM

I'm pretty jazzed about the nocturne, "The Foot Trail", getting into the show. It is my second nocturne ever, the first being a terrible version of a barn on our property. So far I've done 4 nocturnes including a desert nocturne. I have totally learned something on each one and each nocturne gets better and better I think. If you want to break out of the rut of your everyday paintings do a nocturne! It's a whole new set of rules but so fun to do.

No comments: