Monday, November 07, 2011

Spring Landscape


"Spring Landscape"
9" X 12" Oil on Panel

This painting started out as a spare panel being used to try out some old paints I had. I never intended to make a painting out of it, I just wanted to try some paints out. After trying out those paints I continued on with other projects and this panel was leaning up against the wall near my easel. Many times I would look over at it seeing various compositions out of the random bits of paint on the panel. After finishing another project I decided to just make something out of those bits of paint and created this scene. I've never began a painting like that but it was pretty fun to approach a painting that way. Maybe for fun you should try to make some random brush strokes on a blank panel and then force yourself to create a composition out of what you have there.    

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

I like it, Ron!!
The flowers create an interesting patter that move your eye around the painting.

Ron Guthrie said...

Thanks Marian,
They sort of zigzag around. Fun adding the flowers and painting in the dirt areas. Thanks!
Ron