Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Douglas Preserve

"Morning Shadows at the Wilcox Property"
18"x24" Oil on Canvas

This painting of mine is now at the Reinert Gallery in South Carolina. I shipped it there not long ago and am hoping it goes to a good home. This painting was painted here in the studio and came out quite well. Of course it helps a lot when you have a great view to begin with. The Douglas Preserve, which is also called the Wilcox Property in Santa Barbara is a beautiful place. If you are ever in Santa Barbara please do yourself a favor and visit this local haunt....it is really breathtaking. I will go back here and get some more reference photos, maybe do some sketching too. We'll see! 

6 comments:

jimserrettstudio said...

It is a very tranquil image, not sure exactly how you are pulling that off, if it is the lighting, composition, color/ Just know it really works.

Ron Guthrie said...

Thanks a lot Jim. This is one of those paintings that sort of painted itself....well, things went so well you'd think I was just sitting there watching the progress of it and then with lots of guilt I'd sign my name. Thanks Jim!

Christine Brallier said...

I agree, very tranquil. I love the shadows and shade. I have great memories of Wilcox Property, thanks for bringing me back :)

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Christine,
Thanks for the good words on the painting too. The day I went down there was awesome....a little foggy in the morning but it sunned up really good. Lots of shade and just a beautiful area. Hope you enjoyed the memories!

Fujitsu ScanSnap said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fujitsu ScanSnap said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.