Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Douglas Preserve

"Morning Shadows at the Wilcox Property"
18"x24" Oil on Canvas

This painting of mine is now at the Reinert Gallery in South Carolina. I shipped it there not long ago and am hoping it goes to a good home. This painting was painted here in the studio and came out quite well. Of course it helps a lot when you have a great view to begin with. The Douglas Preserve, which is also called the Wilcox Property in Santa Barbara is a beautiful place. If you are ever in Santa Barbara please do yourself a favor and visit this local haunt....it is really breathtaking. I will go back here and get some more reference photos, maybe do some sketching too. We'll see! 

7 comments:

Jim Serrett said...

It is a very tranquil image, not sure exactly how you are pulling that off, if it is the lighting, composition, color/ Just know it really works.

Ron Guthrie said...

Thanks a lot Jim. This is one of those paintings that sort of painted itself....well, things went so well you'd think I was just sitting there watching the progress of it and then with lots of guilt I'd sign my name. Thanks Jim!

Christine Brallier said...

I agree, very tranquil. I love the shadows and shade. I have great memories of Wilcox Property, thanks for bringing me back :)

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Christine,
Thanks for the good words on the painting too. The day I went down there was awesome....a little foggy in the morning but it sunned up really good. Lots of shade and just a beautiful area. Hope you enjoyed the memories!

Naomi Chelsea said...

Thank you for giving posts and articles were very amazing. I really liked as a part of the article. With a nice and interesting topics. Has helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. You need more publicize this because many people. Who know about it very few people know this. Success for you....!!!

Roy Gibran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roy Gibran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.