Monday, July 06, 2015

Time Off

       I haven't been painting at all lately...for about a week I think. Not that I haven't had the drive it's just that so many other things have been going on. It's good to get away from the easel. I find that even though I'm not painting I'm still thinking about it or at least planning for it.
      We've had company and a lot of yard work that needed attending. When I was gone we had some winds come through and blow down two big branches from one of our pine trees so that meant getting out the chain saws and going to town. I can finally say I'm getting way better at sharpening a chain saw. Wish I was better at getting rid of moles and ground squirrels....they think they own this place.
      I've been trying to put together a frame I want for a painting of Eaton Canyon I did a while ago. The painting was done on 12"x36" birch panel. I want an oak frame and itching to make one that has a Craftsmen look to it. I've collected pics of Craftsmen frames to get ideas...at this point I just need to get some oak to build it. I'm also in the process of scanning, photo taking and reframing all art stuff....I'm tired of the time off from painting so I hope to be painting again soon. By the way, when not painting you tend to look at other paintings by other artists and that always leads to the "I suck" attitude and the only way to fix that is to get back to painting and try and do better work....feeling that way is something I really hate! 

3 comments:

Christine Brallier said...

Better get cracking then :) By the way, when is the next artist studio tour your way? Wouldn't mind getting to Solvang for another visit :)

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Christine,
Nice to hear from you. I'm afraid there has been a delay in thr studio tour. When the museum moved about 3 years ago they tried to have it but I don't think it went over well with the new date and new people handling it. Then they skipped a year and turned it over to the Elverhoj museum to handle. They turned it into more of a local art show so I skipped that...now waiting to see if it ever comes back.
We'll have to get together one of these days because I don't think the ST is gonna happen too soon, haha. Sad, it was a great thing when it was going on.

Christine Brallier said...

Aw, too bad about the tour. Will let you know next time we travel up your way. :)