Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grey Morning Near Lompoc


"Grey Morning Near Lompoc"
12" X 16" Oil on Canvas
Was looking back over the paintings that are drying and caught this one that I thought I had posted but apparently not. This was painted back around July or August. I had bought a case of 12 X 16 canvases made by Winsor Newton, yep, the paint company, and have been painting up a bunch of those. These canvases have a great price but many of the ones I've used are slightly tweaked, meaning not square. I fix them as I go but it's more of a slight irritation than anything else. Nice primed canvas with a good weight but whoever is putting them together needs some help, hahaha.

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

I am coming to the conclusion that most days around where you live are foggy....

I've always loved the way you make things disappear into the atmosphere.

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Marian,
Yep, we get a lot of cloudy and foggy days in winter here. I think it's mainly the clouds though...they can hang low on the mountain sides and that looks like fog to me...I just love the cool weather, hahaha. Thanks Marian.

Unknown said...

Beautiful recession that is the key to a truthful rendition of the conditions.

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Mick,
I enjoy making background areas recede. Adding that depth to a painting is always fun work and sometimes it's a lot like doing a puzzle.

I did a lot of pen & ink drawings work with just values so that has really helped my paintings a lot.
Thanks again Mick
Ron