Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Mighty Eucalyptus Tree

"Majesty"
16" X 20" Oil on Canvas

I wanted to paint a vertical format eucalyptus tree for the upcoming studio tour and finished this one up today. I like a lot of parts in this painting and the overall look. I am still tinkering with painting a very large painting similar to this. I have some gallery wrapped canvas put away that are pretty large so I might use one of those to do this if they are big enough. I hate painting anything large at the moment because sales are so slow that there is no telling how long they will be with me...it's a matter of storage, hahaha.
Here is a detail of the painting....I like the grasses and light work on the background trees. Going larger will give me more room to add more detail to a painting like this so I'm looking forward to that if I painting a bigger one.


2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

I always love your "mystery" trees, Ron... those shrouded in atmosphere in that fade into the background... masterful!

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Marian,
Thanks! That's a good way to describe those background trees, haha. I'm just finishing on a large one...24" X 36". Very fun!
Thanks again.