Friday, November 05, 2010

Shark's Parlour


"Shark's Parlour"
16" X 20" Oil on Canvas
One of the sportfishing boats down in Santa Barbara harbor caught my eye. I have always liked the look of sporfishing boats and love the nice big cockpit area they have for the anglers to do the fishing from. I recently saw an old one for sale and it was designed by the great Phil Bolger back in the early 60's...totally awesome looking boat.
When painting a mostly "all white" boat you really find yourself looking at the various shades of whites, off whites, creams, blues, greys...they are usually all in there some place you just have to seperate them on your canvas. Doesn't soiund like a big deal but those colors can fool you at times and then it gets interesting, hahaha.

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Beautiful, Ron!!

Unknown said...

These are developing into a 'tour de force' series. Fabulous - if they don't recession proof your sales then the Californian populace have developed an alarming lack of good taste.

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Marian - Thanks a lot for the comments. I appreciate it Marian.

Hi Mick - I wouldn't hold your breath on sales around here Mick, hahaha. I realy appreciate the good words though my friend. Thanks!