Sunday, January 27, 2013

Elverhoj Museum Show


I will be part of a 6 artist show at the Elverhoj Museum of History and Art in Solvang from Feb. 2 through April 28 2013. The show is called "The View From Here" and features 6 local artists presenting their interpretations of local scenes throughout the Santa Ynez Valley. I am honored to be a part of this invitational show and am looking forward to having my work shown at the Elverhoj. If you live close to Solvang please come by the museum on Saturday Feb 2 to the Show Reception between 4 to 6 pm. Also, on Saturday March 2nd there will be an artists panel discussion that I will be participating in.

Here is the show card below....for more info please contact Esther or any of the other fine people working at the museum....805-686-1211


4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

We missed you at the reception last night.

But wow... congratulations!

Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Marian,
I wanted to go so bad but I really needed to get things done for todays turn in. I'm glad though that I got to see your painting and the one painted by Laura in person while we were down there turning in work. You guys did great work on your paintings. Hope to see you at the next show Marian.

Unknown said...

Delighted for you, hope it goes well. What are the pieces you are showing?

Ron Guthrie said...

Mick, the museum had us all bring in about 10 paintings. They will hang the show choosing the paintings that work the best together and later this week will have us pick up whatever pieces didn't work for them.

I used to do something similar with a gallery up in Morro Bay but that was a much longer drive. The Elverhoj is only 5 minutes from our house so no big deal. I'll know which ones they keep I think by thursday.