Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"CGC Blackfin"


"CGC Blackfin"
16"x20" Pen & Ink
This drawing would be an appropriate beginning. It is one of the latest pen & ink drawings I've done. I love boats and they always work out well with pen & ink. This Coast Guard Cutter, the Blackfin, is seen here tied to the docks at Morro Bay and behind her is the fog shrouded Morro Rock. This drawing was juried into the Central Coast National Juried Art Competition in Morro Bay. That was my first National show and Blackfin was the only pen & ink piece to get juried into the show....it didn't win any awards but getting in was a big deal to me. This will be submitted for a local show here in town at the Elverhoy Museum this monday so I'm hoping it makes it into the show.
NOTE - This piece did get juried into the show at the Elverhoj Museum along with 2 paintings of mine also. Yahoo!

No comments: